vVv
vVv
vVv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video game commentary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
{vVv}Overlord
OH YEAH
{vVv}Overlord

Credits : 4227

Video game commentary Empty
PostSubject: Video game commentary   Video game commentary EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Heey guys, I am currently considering doing a Youtube chanel for video game commentary and tips and tricks and such. mainly focusing on ps3 cod games but i will probably be doing some vids of swbf2 as well. I am just posting here, becasue i am new to the world of video editing and commentary. I really have no clue what i will need to accomplish this, but if any of you have suggestions for programs and such in which to purchase(capture,editing,sound,etc). basically, a what do i need to do this?(keep in mind, i'm not trying to spend a crap ton of money, i have money, but dont want to spend thousands of dollars to do this. Once i can get thsi up and running, i will obviously want to highlight what is the greatest jedi clan to grace the battlefield, so i will probably want to record us playing and maches and such. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Back to top Go down
Sinister
Chopsticks
Sinister

Credits : 4382

PostSubject: Re: Video game commentary   Video game commentary EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 4:46 pm

First you need a good solid computer, otherwise the footage you capture will be poor quality, laggy, choppy, etc.

Next you need to decide what type of footage you want; regular SD, a step up, or HD.

With a dazzle DVC 100, which is what I used for my videos, you can get standard definition or S-Video (what I used, which is sharper image). It works well for star wars and runs anywhere from $40 - $75. You will need a few splitter cables in order to play and capture at the same time, which are a few bucks at your local Radioshack. I personally didn't see the point of audio with star wars, so I just bought one of those hybrid PS2 cords that includes regular SD and S video; I played in SD (with audio), but recorded in S video (without audio).

On the flip side, if you want something that will capture in HD, you may try a Hauppauge HD PVR, which can run from $140 - $300 depending on what model you get, but I imagine they all do the job just fine. I'm not sure how it would capture Star Wars. Although I do know it is what most people use for their CoD montages and what not.

As for editing program, you can go super basic with windows movie maker. I'm not fond of the new one as it is just weird and not as feature friendly and simple as the original. You can find the original on the net for free, you just may have to search. I think it was for XP. If you want something more on the pro side of things then you may want to try Sony Vegas which I believe is a few hundred bones.

There are other options for capturing and editing. There are several free editing programs that are good. In fact I think I used one for a video, but I forget the name. Same with the capture devices. I would say just do your research and see which one fits you in price and performance. But like I said, you will need a good solid computer, something with like at least 6GB of ram and a solid processor to get the most out of your device.

I have wanted to do something similar for awhile (more like episodic guides/tips n tricks), but can't seem to justify the time and effort and money it would take. If you can, then more power to you honestly. I always wanted to share my knowledge with others. I would say if you are going to do commentaries to practice a bit before revealing it, but to first and foremost just be yourself lol.

I'm all for you recording the clan as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I wasn't clear.
Back to top Go down
https://vvvorder.forumotion.com
{vVv}Overlord
OH YEAH
{vVv}Overlord

Credits : 4227

PostSubject: Re: Video game commentary   Video game commentary EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 pm

sweet sinny. thanks for the input. if it makes any difference, if/when i do get this up and running, there is always room for guest commentators ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video game commentary   Video game commentary Empty

Back to top Go down

Video game commentary
Page 1 of 1